1. This notarial practice is regulated through the Faculty Office of the Archbishop of Canterbury:
The Faculty Office
1, The Sanctuary
Telephone 020 7222 5381
2. If you are dissatisfied about the service you have received please do not hesitate to contact Edward Gardiner, managing partner of Cheeswrights (Edward.Gardiner@cheeswrights.com), who will endeavour to resolve your complaint as swiftly as possible.
3. If we are unable to resolve the matter you may then complain to the Scriveners Company of London, the City livery company to which all scrivener notaries belong. Under procedures approved by the Faculty Office, the Scriveners Company is authorised to handle consumer complaints against scrivener notaries. Please write (but do not enclose any original documents) with full details of your complaint to the following address:
The Scriveners Company,
London WC2R 2PN
or you may e-mail the Clerk at: email@example.com.
4. The Company will arrange for your complaint to be considered by a panel of 3 individuals who will be independent of the Scrivener Notary against whom the complaint has been made This procedure is free to use and is designed to provide a quick resolution to any dispute.
If you have any difficulty making a complaint in writing, please do not hesitate to call the Clerk of the Scriveners Company for assistance (telephone number 020 7240 0529).
5. Finally, even if you have your complaint considered under the Complaints Procedure, you may at the end of that procedure or after a period of eight weeks from the date you first notified us that you were dissatisfied, make your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, if you are not happy with the result:
PO Box 6806
Tel : 0300 555 0333
6. If you decide to make a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman, you must refer your matter to the Legal Ombudsman within six months from the conclusion of the complaint process.